Question about SiC Processing at SNF

Shabbir A. Bashar, Ph.D. bashar at
Thu Mar 18 17:16:35 PST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am interested in processing Silicon Carbide wafer samples in the fab.
This would involve solvent cleaning and acid etching.  Furthermore, I will
need to do metal deposition and ohmic contact annealing.  I do not have any
need to use the thermal furnaces for my SiC samples.  Please advise whether
anyone has done this before and if so which tools they were using for the
processing steps I mentioned above.

If no one has used SiC in the fab before, please let me know if this would
be allowed and if so what approval steps I need to go through.

Thanks in advance.

Shabbir Bashar