New material request

masa masafumi at stanford.edu
Sat May 1 20:02:42 PDT 2004

Dear Special Materials Committee,

I'd like to request to use new materials in CIS. Here is information
below. This material has been approved for drytek and wbgen already.

Requestor name: Masafumi Nakamura

Phone number: 6507259936

email address: masafumi at stanford.edu

Requestor’s PI (Advisor) or Company: Prof. Prinz

The name of the new Chemical (give all names commonly used):
YSZ(Yttrium Stabilized Zirconia)

If there are secondary new chemicals that must be used with this material, such as a developer for a new resist, list each of them here and supply MSDSs for each of them.

Name of vendor/manufacturer that you are planning to obtain this
material from: Kurt J. Lesker

URL for vendor’s website where info on the proposed chemical can be
found:
http://www.lesker.com/newweb/menu_sputtertargets.cfm?CFID=509541&CFTOKEN=52542279

Vendor’s address and phone number:
3983 First Street
Livermore, CA 94551
1-800-245-1656/925-449-0104

What is your reason for wanting to bring this material into the lab:
I want to process, such as etch, Si wafer or SiN in CIS after deposition
of this material.

List all the lab equipment and wet benches that you propose to use with this chemical:
wbnitride

Proposed quantity of the chemical that you want to bring into lab (give both raw and mixed quantities):
YSZ: Yttrium 16%, Zirconia 84% - Purity:99.7%

State the form that the proposed chemical is in: Thin film on Si wafer.

Put together a detailed process flow description on how you proposed to use this
chemical:
The material is RF sputtered thin film.

Regards.
Masafumi Nakamura