New materials: poly(dimethyl siloxane)

Sebastian J. Osterfeld sjo at stanford.edu
Mon May 17 14:14:52 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'd like to use poly(dimethyl siloxane) at the SNF. In particular, I'd
like to:

- Bring a labeled 20mL syringe filed with pre-mixed and de-aired
prepolymer mixture to the SNF
- Apply the prepolymer mixture to a wafer by spincoating on Headway
- Cure the prepolymer mixture on a hotplate @ 150C for 10 minutes

The material I want to use is Dow Corning Sylgard (R) 184. It comes as a
kit of base and curing agent, which I would mix by hand and de-air by
applying a vacuum for a few minutes. I was planning on doing the mixing
either outside the SNF, but I could also do it inside the SNF, in which
case two separate materials might need to be approved, i.e. the binder
and the curing agent.

Here are the MSDS sheets:

Sylgard 184, CAS 68988-56-7:
http://stanford.chemquik.com/default.asp?LinkNum=SIR%24CGXLH

Sylgard 184 curing agent, CAS 68037-59-2:
http://stanford.chemquik.com/default.asp?LinkNum=SIR%24CLMLT

--
Sebastian J. Osterfeld
PhD. Student / Shan X. Wang Group

Residential Mailing Address:
796 Escondido Rd, Apt 23B
Stanford, CA 94305

Office Mailing Address:
McCullough Building, Room 208A
476 Lomita Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-4045

Home:	(650) 498-1666 (with answering machine)
Work:	(650) 723-2939
Fax:	(650) 736-1984 (at work)

Email: Osterfeld at stanford.edu