New materials: poly(dimethyl siloxane)

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 17 14:32:48 PDT 2004

Hi Sebastian --

Pre-mixed PDMS is already approved for use at the headway (using appropriate
precautions:  cleaning up any working areas with acetone and
removing/disposing of the foil liner in the headway and on the hotplate.)
If you use any solvents or approved thinners, the waste must be treated as
solvent waste.  If pure PDMS is used, then the waste is non-toxic and may be
disposed of by placing in a plastic sealed bag (to prevent leaks) and then
in the ordinary trash (it will cure and harden over a few hours.)

Mixing must be done outside of the lab (the uncured monomer can easily
contaminate people's material in litho, leading to resist adhesion
problems.)  Mixing can be done in the wafersaw room (I can show you the
setup, just let me know.)

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu