[Fwd: EV bonder request]

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 3 22:27:48 PST 2004

Hi Mahnaz --

The EV Bonder was designed to be able to do low temperature eutectic
bonding.  I don't think it will be a problem if we are careful about the
selection of processes.  With the right processes, I believe we can avoid
most if not all crocc-contamination concerns.

We should (and the requester should) do some homework to see what kind of
processes are available.  I understand that EV has a couple of processes
(Au/Si is one, I think) on hand already.  We might require a separate bond
tool for these processes, if we are really concerned about
cross-contamination.

In short, it's worth looking at, and maybe the requestor can help...

Mary