[Fwd: process flow after nickel silicide in SNF]

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 9 07:30:38 PST 2004

Hi all --

I asked Jun to clarify his nickel silicide process as follow up to his
request a couple of weeks ago and his original request in July.
Attached here is the proposed flow.

I spoke with Jim McV and Jun about this.  Jun agrees that he will do all
the wet cleans in his own decontaminated lab ware at wbgeneral.  This
should, we hope, address concerns about possible contamination in the
wet benches.   If I've understood correctly, this is what Jim McV
recommends:

Ni dep - SCT  -- Jun will have to work with Ed on this.
Anneal - AG4108 -- this is OK if metal silicide quartzware is used
LTO dep - OK on the metal side
Contact etch - OK on the amtetcher
Al deposition - OK on the gryphon if pre-dep etch is not used (will have
to check with Jun)

The remaining issues (which I neglected to ask Jun or Jim):
P5000 Al etch -- is this OK?  (Presumably, no nickel silicide is exposed?)
Plasma O2 clean - where?  (I'm presuming this is necessary)
Al dep - check if Jun needs pre-dep etch

How does this sound so far?

Mary