BCB Developer

Mario Perez mperez at proteusbiomed.com
Tue Nov 30 16:42:04 PST 2004

I would like to use BCB (B-staged divinylsiloxane-bis-benzocyclobutene)
in SNF.  This is a photo-patternable polymer that comes with promoter
(1-Methoxy-2-propanol), edge bead remover (Mesitylene), and developer
(Dipropylene glycol dimethyl ether:  30-35%; Naphtha, petroleum,
hydrotreated heavy:  65-70%).

I checked the SNF website for material list and found that the first
three materials (polymer, promoter, edge bead remover) are already in
use.  However, I did not find the developer and wanted to know if this
is being used already, or would I need to fill out the proper paperwork
to have this material approved?

Thank you,

Mario Perez (mperez)

MEMS Engineer