Putting Cr contaminated wafers in StsEtcher

Amir Ali Haj Hossein Talasaz atalasaz at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 1 12:06:45 PDT 2004

 Hello,

 I need to do E-Beam lithography step followed by silicon nitride RIE
etching. Then do the backside etching in Stsetcher.

 Since E-beam works fine on conductive surfaces (not thick SiN layer that I
have), I have to coat the front side of my wafer with Cr. After front side
pattering and etching the Cr film will be completely removed.

 Now I am wondering if I can load the wafer in stsetcher to etch backside of
the wafer. Unfortunately I cannot exchange the order of these two steps.

 Thanks for your time,
-Amir