wbdiff for Ge clean?

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 14 12:43:47 PDT 2004

Mary,

HF tanks are the most critical part of our cleaning process since we often
finish with a HF dip. If the HF tank is comtaminated it can undo everything
that was done previously to remove metals. We recently had a problem in our
in the Diff Clean bench and I suspect it was a contaminated HF tank. In
particlar, an elevated Cr level was found on cleaned wafer which had been
given a final HF dip. After getting these results, I had Nancy give the HF
tank an HCl clean. It probably would be wise to clean our HF tanks (at
least on the cleaning bench) on a regular basis. We should run anpther test
on our cleaning. With this mind and knowing that Ge wafers often have high
surface metal levels, I really do not want Ge cleaning to be done on the
diff clean bench.

I propose that we let him use one of the HF tanks on the non-metal bench
and that he gives the tanks a HCl clean after in the finished.

    Jim