Niobium use in cleanroom

Fri Sep 10 12:48:41 PDT 2004

Gloria,

As far as I tell, there should be no problem with your proposed use of Nb
in the lab. Nb has been etched in one of the Dryteks years ago. NbF5 has a
boiling point of 79C so it will easily etch in a F based etch gas. Lets
see if anyone else has any coments.

	Jim

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Gloria Wong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to process niobium/tungsten films (my project is on work
> function control of MOS structures) in the lab.  I will be depositing
> the films in the Clemens Lab in McCullough, then patterning the films in
> the cleanroom.  This would involve optical lithography (Karlsuss), dry
> etching (drytek 1), wet etching (wbgen) and Al deposition (metallica or
> innotec).
>
> Please let me know if Nb use is okay for the lab, or if there is
> information you need from me.  Also it would be helpful to know how long
> I will need to wait before a decision is made.
>
> Much thanks,
> Gloria
>
> PhD Candidate
> Clemens Group
> Materials Science and Engineering

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640