processing request

Ankur Jain ankurjn at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:15:47 PDT 2005

Hello SpecMat members,
 Following my request to allow processing of my wafers containing a Ni-Ti
film in the LTO furnace, I had a brief meeting with Mike discussing my
process flow. TiNi Alloy Company, the vendor that sputters these Ni-Ti
films for me uses a Perkin-Elmer 4450 sputterer that is used exclusively
for depositing Ni-Ti, and no other metals. They have done Auger
spectroscopy on their films in the past and the only significant surface
contamination observed was elemental carbon, which they say is normal for
anything exposed to air.
 Following my discussion with Mike, who agreed in principle to let me use
the LTO tube, I am sending this email to SpecMat with a request to kindly
expedite a final decision on my request. I would appreciate it very much
if I can get started on my microfabrication soon.

thanks,

Ankur