processing request, semicleanB Ni-Ti

Michael Deal mdeal at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 6 12:25:01 PDT 2005

Ankur,
      The specmat committee has decided that your Ni-Ti samples can be
considered semicleanB materials, and hence can go into the LTO
(tylanbpsg).   The guidelines for semicleanB materials is:

- Semiclean B class wafers (i.e. those deposited in the SCT system) can be
processed in all semiclean equipment (i.e. tylanbpsg, tylanfga, etc.) as
well as the litho equipment, with the following IMPORTANT restrictions:
         a. Semiclean B class wafers can only be cleaned or wet-etched at
wbgeneral in dedicated clean beakers. (exception: WBmetal - Semiclean A and
B metals and Ge can be cleaned here, but only in the PRS-1000 pot.)
         b. Dry-etching of these films will be allowed on a case-by-case
basis.  (Etching oxide down to these SCT metals will be allowed in oxide
etchers in the semiclean equipment set, ie. AMTetcher and P5000.)
         c. When annealing semiclean B class wafers in the AG4108 RTA, the
silicide tray must be used, which from now on will be referred to as the
"semiclean tray".  (Once the AG4100 comes on line, it will be classified as
a semiclean tool and will be used for all semiclean materials including SCT
metals and Ge.  The AG4108 will be dedicated to clean materials only.)
         d. Semiclean B materials (as with semiclean A materials) should
use the metal-side of tylanfga.

                                                         -mike