Process proposal and TXRF data

Michael Deal mdeal at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 19 12:08:15 PDT 2005

I just took a quck look at the document and want to make this comment.  In
your reason #1 at the bottom, I think you got it backwards.  The
contamination numbers are in doses (atoms/cm2), like in implant
doses.  That number IS the total contamination number per square area.  The
fact that it came from a very thin layer does not mean it has less total
contaminants - if anything the contamination concentration (in atoms/cm3)
can be even higher than in a 1 micron layer, depending on the capture
thickness.   We can argue about what units our limits should be in, but the
fact that most contamination analysis is done in doses (and assumes most
contaminants are at or near the surface), and not concentrations, leads us
to use that as the most efficient method.     Your other reasons may argue
for letting you use these films, but the first reason is not acceptable as is.
                                         -mike
p.s. the contamination levels should be 1e12 cm-2, not 1e-12 cm-2, etc.