Particles Re: Appointment for wafer inspection

Thu Apr 21 15:06:58 PDT 2005

Hi,

I inspected Ankur's wafer this afternoon. I was surprised on how drity it
was. It had finger prints all over and it was loaded with particles. He
claimed the particles and finger prints were from the a carrier wafer to
the back. He did not seem to know anything about using dark field or the
black lamp for looking at particles. Putting wafers like his into clean
etchers can't be good for the users trying to do clean work. It seems
to me we should have some standard in terms of gross particles for
wafers going into our tools. A simple black light or dark field inspection
would be good enough. Maybe we could do wafer inspections at several
point in a first process for new users.

	Jim

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Ankur Jain wrote:

> Hello Dr. McVittie,
>  As per SpecMat instructions given to me (please see note below), I would
> like to show you a wafer which I did DRIE on yesterday. What would be a
> good time for you? I'd appreciate it if we could do this as soon as
> possible. I am available any time Thursday after 2 pm, including late
> night, and any time on Friday.
>
> thanks,
>
> Ankur

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640