Studying cartilage in SEM

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 12 11:30:14 PDT 2005

I just spoke with this fellow -- he says that he will be doing the CPD
at Beckman (good) and SEM here.  He needs a field emission system for
his work and they do not have one there (??)  Sounds like a valid reason
to me.  He plans to be using the SEM for only a few weeks and has
scheduled to be in the next SNF Training class.  I would think that if
the sample has undergone critical point drying and sputter coating, that
there's little likelihood of contaminating the SEM, so this should be
SpecMat-approved.  Sound OK to everyone?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu