MSDS for new photoresists

artyjamo at comcast.net artyjamo at comcast.net
Tue Aug 16 11:26:25 PDT 2005

Hello Specmat Committee,

     I would like to bring in three new positive photoresists made by Shin-etsu Micro-science.   They are high viscosity photoresists for doing 30 - 80 um thick lithography.    I am planning on bringing the samples in in 8 oz brown bottles (like we have in the store room)  and storing them in the Flammables cabinet that we have (shelf L)   along with the other photo-resist samples.   My intention is to use these resists to coat my substrates on the Headway spinner   (40 - 80 um thick) and soft bake the resist on the hotplates that are adjacent to the Headway.    I am planning on using the Karl Seuss aligners to expose the wafers,  and then I will develop the patterns at the develp bench using LDD-26W.

    Disposal and clean up of these materials should follow the standard procedures for most of the positive photoresists - bagging contaminated clean room wipes, foil & empty bottles and putting them in the designated chemical trash bins.  The resists themselves can be dispensed in the chemical carboys for organics in the solvent hoods for disposal.   The used LDD-26W developer containing the resist will go down the drain at the develop bench.

I'm attaching the MSDS sheets for each of the following resists

SIPR 7120M 20
SIPR 7120M 5
SIPR 9332 BEM 10

Please let me know ASAP if these can be approved for my use at SNF

Much Thanks,

Aleta Jamora

artyjamo at comcast.net
510 378 1602