Diamond Request

Chris Kenney kenney at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 2 15:09:58 PST 2005

Dear SpecMat,

I would like these diamond samples approved as "Semi-clean".

1) Contact info
Chris Kenney
Coral: kenney
Phone: 725-3661

2) Material
Carbon in diamond form
Biocompatible and nonflammable
World's most pure diamond samples. Electronic grade.

3) Vendor
Element Six (De Beers)
King's Ride Park, Ascot, UK
www.e6.com

4) Reasons
Radiation hard, low Z, good thermal conductivity

5) Process
Wet cleans probably at WBGENERAL with personal quartzware.
Annealing up to 700C for now using Tylan 3
Oxygen plasma using Dryteks
Optical Litho using Karl Suss
Metal deposition(Ti, Cr, Au, Pt, Al) using Innotec or Metalica

I would like this classified as "Semi-clean" for now.

The contaminants are:
some hydrogen
10 ppm of Nitrogen
< 1 ppm of Boron
no other significant contaminants
these are special ultra-pure diamonds
stable to over 1100 C - highest meltling point of any material

Once I put metal down it will of course be "Gold" contaminated
and handled accordingly.

Equipment to be used:
wbgeneral
drytek1
drytek2
headway
laurel
tylan3
innotec
metalica
karl suss
STSpecvd
MRC
matrix

6) Amount
Chips with dimensions of about: 5mm x 5mm x 0.3mm (very solid)

7) Storage
I'll remove the material when not processing it.

8) Disposal
When finished I'll remove the diamond from the fab.

Please ask if you have any questions about this.

Thanks for your time,

Chris
~