I would like to use silicone rubber in the lab

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:58:56 PST 2005

Hi Yves and John Paul --

Thanks for giving the Sylgard a try.  The RTV is approved for use in KOH
etching in gold-contaminated labware at wbgeneral.  Could you apply and
cure the RTV either outside the cleanroom?  (I'm presuming that it takes
a day or so to cure and is emitting acetic acid while it does, and that
you probably don't want to leave this at a bench over night?)

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu