Rhett Brewer: Request for Process approval

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 7 10:06:21 PST 2005

I met with Rhett on Friday and he outlined his process flow.  He is anxious
to get his pathway cleared so he can resume processing once the ALD system
is back on line.

1) The wafer will come in to the fab with a third party Pd/Si/O layer.
*Rhett is running TXRF on these wafer to verify the level of cleanliness.

2) Poly Deposition: Wafer will have exposed ALD layer covering Pd/Si/O.
*Where can these wafer be deposited?
*Choices are Tystar or Thermco Poly.
*What is required pre-clean and where can it be done?

3) P5000 – Poly etch chamber, Al etch chamber:  Poly etch stopping on ALD
layer.
*Is etching in P5000 allowed?

3) Tylan tube furnace for annealing (whichever is appropriate – I assume
tylanfga) at 400C and 600 – 800 C (this temp not yet determined, but will
be in that range).
The open areas of Pd/Si/O layer will be removed before anneal.  Anneal may
be done here, or moved to later in the process.
*Allowed in FGA tube and what is required pre-plean?

4) Tylanpsg for LTO deposition.  400C.  Exposed surfaces will be Si
substrate and poly
*Allowed in LTO and what is required pre-clean and where?

5) Tylan furnace tube option for LTO densification and possibly #3)
annealing step.
*Required pre-clean and where?

6) AMT 8110 or Drytek. LTO etch stopping on silicon or poly
*I don't see any concern

7) Resist strip: Gasonics, Piranha and / or PRX
*Need to resolve PRX and Semiclean B compatibility

8) Gryphon or SCT for metallization:
*What and where is required pre-metal clean

9) P500 metal etch:  Stopping on LTO
*I don't see a problem

10) <http://snf.stanford.edu/Equipment/ag4108/ag4108.html>AG4108 Rapid
Thermal Annealer (Semi-Clean Mode) 600-800C
*Temperature seems too high for aluminum metallization
*What and where is required preclean.

Ed