LaB6 in the Innotec

Carl Faulkner cmfaulkn at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 7 15:13:21 PST 2005

I would like to deposit LaB6 (Lanthanum Hexaboride) in the Innotec possibly
anneal it in the gold-contaminated Tylan.

I will be using pellets in a graphite liner as the source.  I haven't
located the vapor pressure of the compound, but it has a melting
temperature over 2000C and both La and B have better vapor pressures than
Indium.

It is commonly used in the SEM tips.  It has been investigate by Freescale
Semiconductor as a possible gate material (IEDM 2004), heated to 800C
without problem on oxide.

Carl Faulkner
cmfaulkn
650 387-3714