SU-8

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 23 07:31:30 PST 2005

Hi Seung --

Thanks for your request.  We would like a little more information before
approving your request.  SU-8 is approved for use in the lab.  However,
it is very strictly regulated where uncured SU-8 may be used, because it
is extremely difficult to remove, once it is solidified. So we do
require a few things.

1.  SNF does not purchase and stock SU-8.  However, there is SU-8 on
hand (from experiments, from labmembers who don't need it anymore.)  You
can check to see what is on-hand, but you might have to purchase your
own, if what we have on-hand is not what you are looking for.  If you
obtain your own, you will have to register your chemical bottle --
Mahnaz & Ed  have barcoards and labels.

2. SU-8 may be applied only at the Headway coater.  Only the designated
cassette and cassette box may be used.  Even if you are already
qualified on the Headway, you must be retrained to use SU-8.  Please
make an appointment to train with Mahnaz or James.

3.  Solid SU-8 may be used in the aligners (karlsuss, evalign, etc.)  It
must be developed manually at the litho wet bench next to the Headway
coater.

4.  Solid SU-8 may be used in the drytek2 and the mrc.  However, please
remember that drytek2 is semiclean, so if your process flow include
innotec before etching, you should not use drytek2.  The mrc is
gold-compatible, so is OK following innotec.

5.  Which wet benches do you plan to use?  SU-8 CANNOT be processed at
any of the standard wet benches (wbnonmetal, wbnitride, wbmetal, wbdiff,
wbsilicide).  SU-8 material CAN only be processed at the manual wet
benches (wbgeneral, wbgaas, wbsolvent, lithosolv, litho wet benches.)

Please let us know what you plan to do and feel free to ask us any
questions about processing SU-8.

mtang at stanford.edu