chemical usage

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:07:32 PST 2005

Hi Zhigang --

HBr is an etch gas, so you might say that we stock it, but it's not
something you can pour to use at wbgaas, I'm afraid.  We do not stock
HBr liquid acid, so you would have to order your own.  Could you please
submit a formal new materials request?  Please let us know what you
would like to use it for (i.e., do you have application notes or an
experimental methods description or some other protocol?), what amount
you would like to bring in and what concentration (ideally, as little as
possible and at the lowest concentration possible.)  Please provide (and
read) the MSDS (the concentrated stuff is pretty bad and requires some
caution in handling.)  Is this a one-time experiment or something you
will be using routinely?  If you need this frequently, we can provide
storage space in an appropriate area.

mtang at stanford.edu