Nb target in SCT

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 13 10:17:36 PST 2005

Ed,

Here is some info on Nb.

Its safety ratings are: Health - 0, Flammability - 4, Reactivity - 0
  Cr, Ti and Zr also have a flammability rating of 4.

The Sloan technical notes say that it can be sputtered with either dc or rf.

Nb has a very low vapor pressure. On the RCA 1B curve it is the 3rd below W.

My sources do not list any deep levels for Nb, so it is not a known bad actor
in Si.

    Jim