Addition of Pd to Semiclean B material List

Wed Jan 19 15:20:18 PST 2005

Mike,

I was not proposing that we buy a Pd target. I am working with a user, who
be using Pd deposited outside.  I just wanted to get Pd on the B list as a
first step to its use.

	Jim

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Michael Deal wrote:

> Jim,
>      Who is going to pay for this?    -mike
>
> At 01:43 PM 1/19/2005, Jim McVittie wrote:
> >I would to add palladium, Pd, to the Semiclean B material List.
> >
> >Pd is very similar to Pt. Its safety ratings are all 0s. Its vapor
> >pressure curve is next to gold. It has a deep level of 0.34 eV which is
> >the same as Mo. It is relatively expense material with the Lesker price
> >for a 2" target being $1400.
> >
> >         Thanks,  Jim

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640