Nb use in Drytek 2

Mon Jan 24 13:20:45 PST 2005

Gloria.

>From my experience with etching other materials, I feel etching Nb in
Drytek2 will most likely contaminate the tool with Nb. This means
subsequent wafers processed in the tool will likely pick up some Nb. I
suspect this will not be a big problem for several reasons. First, Nb has
been etched in Drytek1 many times over the yeras and no Nb related
problems have ever been reported. Second, Nb is not a known bad actor in
Si. Finally, Nb from the etcher is likely to be removed during the
diff-clean.  It would be best if we could verify this last point with an
TXRF test.

	Jim

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Gloria Wong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to obtain approval for use of Nb in Drytek 2, which currently allows standard metals.  It is the last step in my process flow that has to be approved.
>
> Much thanks,
> Gloria

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640