silicone free heatsink compound

Wibool Piyawattanametha wibool at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 15 11:28:14 PDT 2005

Hi John,

Thank you very much for a quick reply.  I will try to obtain more
information but I am really doubtful that they will give us any further info
because it is a trade secret.

In fact, I have used this compound in the similar applications at other
institutions e.g. UCLA and UC Berkeley before in a semi-clean STS and Unaxis
DRIE machines there.    The compound is widely accepted and used there.   It
has a much better thermal conduction than PR.    Hence, the side walls
profile are extremely good even in an extremely long time etching. Moreover,
some of my friends who work in the industries and research labs e.g. TRW,
Hughes, Northrop Grumman, Jet Propulsion Lab, etc. have told me that they
have used this compound in their labs as well.

Please let me know if you need any further information from you.

Thank you,

Wibool

Wibool Piyawattanametha, Ph.D.
Stanford University
Departments of Applied Physics, Biological Sciences, and Pediatrics
James H. Clark Center (Bio-X) - Room W080
318 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
T: (650) 725-4097