Request approval for MEK

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 20 15:10:53 PDT 2005

Hi SpecMat'ers --

I take it this hasn't been approved yet?  If not, please let's hold off
on approving this.  We can do without MEK in the lab, particularly in 1
liter quantities, and especially as most people seem to deposit
alkanethiols using just ethanol, or if they are concerned about
oxidation, then toluene (not great stuff, either, I admit.)  It would be
helpful if she could indicate why MEK would be needed.  What do you think?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu