Material I want to bring into the lab

Ignacio A. Zuleta izuleta at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 23 11:31:05 PDT 2005

Dear Committee,

My name is Ignacio A. Zuleta and I am a graduate student here in the
chemistry department. I have a process in which I machine electrodes on an
SOI wafer. These electrodes are metallized with aluminum so they can be
compatible the various SEMI-CLEAN procedures in the lab. Unfortunately,
aluminum develops a dielectric oxide layer that decreases contact resistance
and makes the device's surface to be prone to charging up when exposed
electrons or ions. Based on advice from colleagues in the field, I would
like at the end of my process to do implement a conversion coating method
for MEMS devices using the product whose documentation I include. I am
confident that if I get it to work other lab members will find it useful.
Please advice me on how to proceed from now, I attach the MSDS, RoHS safety
sheet and process information.

Regards,

Ignacio A. Zuleta