Ammonium Sulfide at wbgen

Abhijit Pethe pethe at
Mon Mar 7 17:31:19 PST 2005

I would like to study the effect of S-passivation on surfaces. For this
reason I want to use Ammonium Sulfide solution as a reagent. Typical
processing includes 20min dip in aqueous Ammonium Sulfide solution ((NH4)2S)
@ 50C followed by a water rinse. I would then like to load these samples
into the Innotec e-gun evaporator. I have attached a MSDS for Ammonium
Sulfide from Alfa Aesar with this email for your reference.

Please let me know if this can be done and if there are any precautions I
need to follow.