Yb in Innotec/wbgen

Abhijit Pethe pethe at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 8 16:12:26 PST 2005

Hi,

I want to request the use of Yb target in the Innotec. Yb is a low
workfunction metal and I am investigating its use to form low barrier on
Si/Ge. This would be followed with a cap of either Ti or W. Typical
dimensions of the thin films are

Yb-10-20nm

Ti-100nm

 This would be followed by resist coat, expose and strip all using standard
3612 resist. I plan to pattern the metal stack using an etch in HF (or BOE)
at the wbgen. Yb had been approved on the Innotec a couple of years back. I
have attached an Yb MSDS with this email.

Thanks

Abhijit