New Film supplier

Brewer, Rhett T rhett.t.brewer at intel.com
Mon Mar 28 11:27:55 PST 2005

Specmat,

Thank you for taking a look at my Al2O3 film.  Unless I am told otherwise, I will begin growing Al2O3 (these films will not hit the fab until ~Friday) and will follow the requirements submitted by Ed Myers for processing the Al2O3 at SNF.

I have included below ICPS from another chamber that I would like to use as an Al2O3 film source in the future.  My schedule calls for running wafers in this chamber (Al2O3 growth) is about 2 weeks.  The results below are for an SiO2 film, but the Al2O3 shares gas lines and an electronics grade TMA is the Aluminum precursor source.  I am trying to avoid the urgency that I have had recently.

The films grown in the chamber below will experience the processing proposed before:

This film would go into tystar P-doped poly - 580C (3500A), P5000 (poly

>etch, Al etch chambers), wbmetal for cleaning and resist strip, RTA 4108

>(I think that is the number) for 700C, 2 min anneal, gryphon for Al

>coating, P5000 for etching Al, then tylan fga for 400C forming gas anneal

>(10 min).

Because these films are cleaner than the current ones, I would hope to be able to use wbmetal instead of my own beakers.

Thank you for your involvement.

Regards,

Rhett

See the ICP-MS results

SURFACE CONCENTRATION ( x 1010 atoms/cm2)

Wafer Size = 8 inch

Method
Detection Limits

120Å SiO2