Requesting permission to use alumina as substrate in tylanbpsg

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 2 14:54:22 PDT 2005

Hi Stephanie --

The main concerns about processing non-standard materials in our LPCVD
furnace is the possibility of cross-contamination.  If you could
possibly acquire elemental analysis on the alumina, this would be very
helpful for allowing the SpecMat committee determine whether there is a
likelihood of contamination.  We would also like a detailed process flow
-- in particular, what kind of pre-deposition cleans and any
post-deposition processing you may require.

What are the dimensions of your alumina?

Finally, would it be possible to use PECVD dielectrics instead of LP
glass?  The reason I ask is that we have a PECVD system (STS) which can
accomodate a broad range of substrate sizes, and is "gold-contaminated"
and therefore can be used without an awful lot of in-depth consideration
of trace contaminants.  The STS cannot do doped materials, but can be
used to deposit oxides, nitrides, and oxynitrides of varying
compositions and levels of stress.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu