[Fwd: Special Materials Formal Request-Al(Mn)]

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 4 08:57:20 PDT 2005

Mary and specmat committee members:

Did Betty mention why they aren't sputtering this material in the
Balzers that we gave them?  Is this a case where they are worried about
compromising the quality of their films in the Balzers ... and would
rather put ours at risk?  Maybe there's a good reason but, since we bent
over backwards for years to accommodate their use of the Balzers in a
shared environment, it seems as if they should be able to answer that
for us.

Thanks,

John