New SNF Chemical (6 of 6): n-propyl zirconate

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 18 13:32:43 PDT 2005

Hi Bree --

These should not be a problem.  However, there are a few concerns, which
I think we can pretty readily address.

1.  Many of these are solid.  We don't allow powders into the clean
room.  However, these can be mixed up in the wet benches in the wafersaw
room.  There is a metal bench for solvents and a polypro one for
acids/bases/water.  There is also a balance (although not a high
resolution one.)  Once these are mixed, they can be transferred to the
lab through the "gray area" behind the furnaces (where flammables are
normally stored.)  Ask one of us and we can show you.

2.  You'll need a barcode and a yellow hazardous tag for any bottles you
wish to store.  If you plan to get rid of them at the end of the day,
then a blue hazardous tag is all that is needed.

3.  You should probably use the headway instead of the laurell.  Mahnaz
can correct me on this.  But it is a lot easier to handle solid waste
using the headway (you just line the bowl with foil and then remove and
place it in a hazardous waste bag when you are done.  Getting rid of
waste is hopefully not a problem, since you will be spinning on
relatively small amounts.  This will probably all be absorbed by your
solid waste.

4.  Do you plan to do any heat treatment/activation following spin
coat?  Will there still be a lot of solvent on your wafers without heating?

Fellow SpecMat'ers:  any other questions or comments to add?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu