Sputter deposition of Sn

Griswold, Jack Jack.Griswold at NOVELLUS.com
Tue Nov 1 10:11:40 PST 2005

Hello,

I visited your web site  <snf.stanford.edu/Materials/SpecMat/0703.html>
inquiring about sputter deposition of Sn. I am primarily interested in DC
magnetron, although any other sputtering means would be worthwhile
investigating as well. Your website stated "Users should contact Jeannie
about process settings and deposition rates." Could you please link me to
her or to whoever might be handling these requests now?

I am a Process Technologist for Novellus Systems and have done PVD research
for years. We recently had a customer request for information on backside
sputter deposition of Sn on 200mm Si wafers. However, I have not yet worked
with Sn, thus my interest in basic sputter yields, dep rates, hardware, etc.
using Ar. Reactive sputter deposition (Ar/N2, Ar/O2, etc.) may also be of
interest, thus any info in that respect would also be great.

I would greatly appreciate any information from your insight and experience
with Sn.

Best regards,

Jack Griswold

Jack Griswold