Fwd: Re: Plasma etching training

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 14 09:04:12 PST 2005

Hi Bo Liu --

Could you tell us a little more about your process?  Are you etching
dielectrics?  If so, I'm pretty sure that the stsetch would not be the best
system for you, because the chemistry does not etch dielectrics well at all
(it's used for its high selectivity of resists and oxide to silicon
etching.)

If you are etching BCB, then I think you'll probably be better off with
drytek2 or pquest, although the MRC might do just as well.  If you could
let us know your process requirements, perhaps we can help determine which
system and chemistry might work for you.

I am also not sure which systems have been qualified to use BCB.  I can
double-check, but am pretty sure that stsetch is not one of them.  Do you
have any references or application notes which might help describe your
process?