Use of metal organic

Hideo Iwase open4891 at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 14 15:20:50 PST 2005

To: SpecMat Committee.

I am Hideo Iwase, a visiting researcher in Vuckovic group. I would like to
use metal organic materials in SNF to make magnetooptical garnet film. I
was wondering if you would approve the use of these materials.
Detailed information is as follows;

Name: Hideo Iwase
Group: Vuckovic in Ginzton
Coral name: hideoiw
Phone: 650-380-1990
e-mail: hideoiw at snf.stanford.edu

Material: Metal Organic
         (Mixture of xylene and metal oxides: Y2O3, Bi2O3, CeO2, Fe2O3)
         I attached Japanese MSDS to this e-mail. I am asking a vendor
         for English ones, but it will take a while.

Vendor:  Kojundo Chemical Lab. Co., Ltd
         kojundo. at kojundo.co.jp
         http://www.kojundo.co.jp/e/index.htm

Product names: SYM-Y01, SYM-BI05, SYM-CE03, SYM-FE05

Process Flow: Please see the attached file.
              The process does not need to be clean.

Amount:  100 ml