Request for allowing poly and annealing process of wafers with CMOS compatible Si3N4 from outside Stanford CIS

Zheng, Jun F jun.f.zheng at intel.com
Tue Nov 15 16:56:10 PST 2005

Dear SpecMat Members and all,

Since I was informed verbally about the utilizing silicide wetbench for
the wafer clean in the past two days, I have sent an urgent request per
Ed's suggestion to allow me to do clean in wbdiff instead of wbsilicide
(see attached). I was concerned because my wafers, which are considered
clean as stated by Ed's email below for the clean equipment set, can be
reversed contaminated if I use silicide wetbench clean.

After I am trained this afternoon by gladys on both wbdiff and
wbsilicide, I more prefer to use the wbdiff, just because I am not
comfortable that the silicide wetbench is potentially metal
contamination at 10x higher than that of wbdiff, according to Ed.

I have spoken to Jim, Mary and Ed continuously in the past few days.
Jim's opinion is to go by TXRF. Mary's opinion is that as long as I can
do the wet clean in wbdiff at non-regular hours to avoid impact of the
chemical change to other people, I can do wbdiff. Ed seems to open but
like to go by the committee members/

How is the possibility of followings:

I will clean my wafer at earlier morning or evening in wbdiff to make
wafer clean first. I will then dump/change the chemical so everything
will be fresh for next user. This will minimize not only time constrains
for others and also less concern on contamination.

Then I will treat my wafer as clean and then clean the wafer again in
wbdiff right before going into furnace.

Please let me know as I was originally planning to do diffusion
annealing at 2:30pm and then poly after annealing tomorrow.

Regards,

Jun-Fei