SpecMat Items, 11/22/05

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 21 10:21:41 PST 2005

All,

Looks like we are pretty lean for this week's specmat meeting.  There are a
number of items, however the requesters need to provide more information
before we can make an informed decision.  I don't think we need a meeting
as long as we resolve the following question, by email.

There is one item, which we should be able to resolve.  It involves bring a
sample back in to the fab after focused ion beam etching.  I don't see a
problem if they stay in the gold contaminated equipment set, but one
process flow has them going in to the SiGe tube.  The users of the SiGe
tube are going to provide windows for deposition on metal wafers, but these
wafers have never left the fab.  Below is the process flow for the original
request.

    * Start with Si wafers
    * Prediff clean
    * Thermal oxidation
    * FIB process to remove very tiny bits of SiO2
    * diffusion clean (if diff clean is not ok, I can live with silicide
clean as well)
    * tylan SiGe deposition
    * tylanbpsg deposition
    * lithography
    * metal evaporation and lift-off
Recommendation:  I don't think the SiGe people will allow his wafer in to
their furnace.  Since he does have an amended process flow where the FIB
work is done later in the process leaving only litho and metal evaporation,
we should approve this process.

Ed