Fwd: Use of metal organic

Tue Nov 22 09:19:00 PST 2005

Ed,

The components of YBiFeO or YCeFeO do not form volatile chlorides or
fluorides. Therefore, Hideo is not going to be able to do a chemically
assisted plasma etch in our lab.  The best she will be able to do is a
sputter etch with Ar in the MRC.

	Jim

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Ed Myers wrote:

> Hideo,
>
> Thank you for updating your process flow to include the equipment you want
> to use.  I have a recommendation.  The feature size you are showing for
> your ebeam work is 200nm.  You may want to consider using the Hitachi ebeam
> system instead of the Raith.  200nm is compatible with the resolution of
> the Hitachi and you will be able to get trained quicker and the machine is
> not used as heavily as the Raith.
>
> We also need to involve Jim McVitte concerning your etching.  I am not
> familiar with the gas chemistries needed to etch YBiFeO or YCeFeO
> films.  Do you know if you will need a fluorine or chlorine etch chemistry?
>
> Ed
>
> At 06:05 PM 11/21/2005, you wrote:
>

> >Dear Ed Myers;
> >
> >I attached an updated Process Flow file to this email.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Hideo Iwase.
> >
> >----- Forwarded message from Hideo Iwase <open4891 at stanford.edu> -----
> >     Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:20:50 -0800
> >     From: Hideo Iwase <open4891 at stanford.edu>
> >  Subject: Use of metal organic
> >       To: SpecMat at snf.stanford.edu
> >

> >To: SpecMat Committee.
> >
> >I am Hideo Iwase, a visiting researcher in Vuckovic group. I would like to
> >use metal organic materials in SNF to make magnetooptical garnet film. I
> >was wondering if you would approve the use of these materials.
> >Detailed information is as follows;
> >
> >Name: Hideo Iwase
> >Group: Vuckovic in Ginzton
> >Coral name: hideoiw
> >Phone: 650-380-1990
> >e-mail: hideoiw at snf.stanford.edu
> >
> >Material: Metal Organic
> >          (Mixture of xylene and metal oxides: Y2O3, Bi2O3, CeO2, Fe2O3)
> >          I attached Japanese MSDS to this e-mail. I am asking a vendor
> >          for English ones, but it will take a while.
> >
> >Vendor:  Kojundo Chemical Lab. Co., Ltd
> >          kojundo. at kojundo.co.jp
> >          http://www.kojundo.co.jp/e/index.htm
> >
> >Product names: SYM-Y01, SYM-BI05, SYM-CE03, SYM-FE05
> >
> >Process Flow: Please see the attached file.
> >               The process does not need to be clean.
> >
> >Amount:  100 ml
> >

> >----- End forwarded message -----

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640