SpecMat Logsheet, 10/12/05

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 10 16:41:35 PDT 2005

Hi all --

I agree with Ed on items 2 and 3.  As for #1, I believe that it would be
possible to do this at wbsilicide, if the pots were decontaminated with
5:1:1 H2O:HCl:H2O2 beforehand.  Actually, he could probably do this at
wbdiff, but given the station is so busy, I'd be less inclined to
approve it there, as other people would not be able to use the station
while he's doing this.  If he does this at wbsilicide, he's less likely
to annoy others.  Any pot that is filled with non-standard acid mixture
must be clearly labeled.  The wbsilicide station should be put down as
"Yellow" while it is being used for this purpose.

I don't think there's a serious contamination concern with doing SC1 and
SC2, since those cleans remove trace organics and metallics which would
be of any concern.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu