new process by using 3 % NaOH

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 8 11:02:55 PDT 2005

Hi all --

I think this, in general, sounds OK.  The conditions that would make me
feel better are:

1.  Waste be collected locally and properly labeled for disposal (this
sounds like a lift-off process, and as we don't know what the materials
are, I don't feel comfortable putting it down the AWN.)

2.  Mixing should be done outside the lab.  We should reiterate the
procedures and policies for transporting chemicals to SNF, especially as
I'm not sure who this is, much less that he is aware of these policies in
practice.

How do these sound to you?

Mary