Aluminum nitride approval request

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 20 09:42:32 PDT 2005

Ben,

In general the company saying they are CMOS clean is not sufficient.  There
are facilities which SpecMat has approved as CMOS clean, and wafers from
these companies can be processed in our clean equipment group.  If the
wafers do not come from these companies, we can certify there level of
contamination by TXRF and then they will be allowed in the clean equipment set.

We did have one large company come in with wafers they said were CMOS
clean, but from an unknown vendor.  We requested TXRF data and found the
wafers to be heavily Cu contaminated.  The company had two chambers for the
deposition and only one of them showed the high levels.  Ultimately the
deposition company was forced to do a major clean up on the chamber before
they were allowed to process any more wafers.

SpecMat will need more information on the origin of the wafers or
verification of their level of contamination before they will be approved
for the clean equipment set.

Ed