SpecMat Log Sheet 9/27/05

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 27 10:48:40 PDT 2005

Members,

We have two new items for this week.  Lets try and do this by email instead
of holding todays meeting.

Item 1)  I'd like to request approval to bring wafers with deposited
aluminum nitride (AlN) film into the SNF clean room.  I hope this is OK
since users are specifically using AlN in place of PZT for its CMOS
compatibility in building piezoelectric sensors.  The film actually
consists of a Mo-AlN-Mo (molybdenum and aluminum nitride) stack.  The tools
that we expect to be using are: svgcoat, EValign/KarlSuss, svgdev, drytek2,
AMT, wbmetal, gasonics and STSetch (any exposed metal will be fully
encapsulated by photoresist, a method previously approved by Jim McVittie)

Comments: Since Ben wants to run down the clean equipment set.  This means
he needs to prove the cleanliness of the deposition by TXRF.  I will send
out an email on Friday, Oct. 7th detailing the need for TXRF, or
verification the film comes from an approved supplier if I don't hear any
concerns.

Item 2)  Our process requires Cl-etching of Al stopping on Mg.  Mg has
shown that it does not etch in F-chemistry here and Cl-chemistry (Al,Ti,
TiN, TaN etches) at ATDF.  ATDF ran contamination checks and were satisfied
that Mg did not pose a contamination risk to their mainline metal
etcher.  The chemistry I plan to use is BCl3 and Cl2 with a 40-80W RF
power.  In light of the contamination study, I would like to resubmit our
request for Mg in the pquest.

Comment:  Carl has provided VPD-ICP-MS data for the wafers.  The data meets
our definition of Clean even though he wishes to run through the pQuest.  I
will give Jim a copy of the data.  If I don't hear any reason we can't
approve this request by Friday, Oct. 7th I will send out an approval email.

Item 3)  Is a carry over concerning cleaning pots for Ge.  I will set a
meeting with Mary and Nancy to come up with a strategy and propose it to
SpecMat by Friday Oct. 7th.

Regards,