Fwd: Gallium Nitride

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 5 16:04:35 PDT 2006

I was looking into the MSDS sheets for Gallium Nitirde.  There is not much
information on health hazards.  The only troubling item is the material is
water or humidity sensitive.  The released compound is ammonia.  I'm afraid
we might get an ammonia smell in the fab when we open the chamber and when
we regen the cryo.

Should we require a couple of partial vent-pumpdown cycles prior to lifting
the chamber?  The next question regards our internal hardware.  Can we let
them use ours or should we have them use the ZnCdS hardware?

Ed