SpecMat Logsheet, 4/10/06

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 10 10:51:34 PDT 2006

SpecMat Members,

This week is a light week for request.  Honoring one of our members
requests, there is not meeting this week.  I've outlined approaches for
each open item.  If I don't hear from you by week's end, I will assume the
proposals are accepted.

1) PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride) allowed in the clean equipment.
The user is now looking at using ZnO (with options for PVDF and
AlN).  Working with the user, he is still developing his process flow.  I
think we have a SemiClean / Gold process flow which works, except for DRIE
at the end of his processing.

Recommendation:  If he is not etching the piezoelectric materials to allow
him in STSetch for his through wafer etch at the end of his process.

2) GaN RF deposition in Metalica
The concern arises from the tendency of this material to generate ammonia
gas when exposed to humidity.  I'm concerned we will pick up odor
complaints from metalica users.  Also the discoloration of the internal
hardware is what called attention to the deposition in the first place.

Recommendation:  Allow the deposition with the following restrictions.
A) The RF circuitry needs to be inspected to insure the safety
modifications are functioning.
B) Staff needs to be informed before each deposition
C) Need to use the RF chamber hardware and not the general use hardware.

3) NR9G-1000PY Resist: The primary hazard is cyclohexanone

Recommendation:  Approve with all the safeguards of cyclohexanone resists
the user is familiar with.

4) TaN using DRYTEK 2:

Recommendation:  Approve

5) Spin-on Dopant (B-150) on the Headway

Recommendation:  Depending on the MSDS approve for the headway and tylan4