SpecMat Logsheet, 4/10/06

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 17 17:00:24 PDT 2006

Hey Ed and other specmat'ers --

Jia Feng was just in my office asking about his GaN request.  It looks
like he's ordered (with Peter Griffin) some 2" targets which they plan
to use on the sputter tool in Nishi's lab, not metalica, after all.
However, the other part of his request was for etching GaN in pquest and
after a few other steps, including an RTA in rtagaas.

I've referred him back to you, because I'm not sure where the GaAs
community stands on etching GaN (on silicon) in the pquest (is it
considered part of the "GaAs process family" or the "silicon and
everything else" family?)  I'm also not sure about heating GaN in an RTA
(although Jia mentions that they plan to step up the temperature in
stages, gradually -- besides, the GaN film is capped with sts pecvd film
at this point, so this may not be a problem.)  His email of 3/22
outlines his process request.

What do you all think?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu