SpecMat Logsheet, 4/10/06

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 18 16:52:18 PDT 2006

Mary,

Access to the pquest and rtagaas was part of the request (see below).  The
way I read his process flow, he will be etching PECVD oxide in the pquest
stopping on the GaN (maybe we should suggest drytek4 instead).  When I
looked at the process flow, it seemed OK since they are staying away from
our clean and semiclean equipment.  What is not know, it the area of GaN
which will be exposed by the oxide etch.  It also seems strange they are
capping the etched area with another oxide.

5. Process Flow.

(1) RF sputtering in metallica, thickness: ~ 0.1 um
(2) Deposit 0.02-um SiO2 in sts PECVD
(3) Optical lithography in nikon, using 3612 photoresist
(4) Photoresist descum in drytek4
(5) Dry etch in pquest
(6) Photoresist removal in matrix
(7) Clean in PRS-1000 (heated to 40 C) in wbgaas
(8) Deposit 0.1-um SiO2 in sts PECVD
(9) Heating to 800 C for 1 second in rtagaas
(10) Cut the Silicon substrate using wafersaw. The GaN has already been
etch into 1-um wide and 10-um long stripes and covered with SiO2. With
visible marks etched on the wafer, the wafersaw blade will only cut into
the Silicon substrate without contacting or exposing any GaN.

Ed