PDMS face down in stsetch?

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Fri Apr 28 13:00:08 PDT 2006

Hi  Specmat,

 We have some wafers  with a layer of PDMS over patterned Al, over thermal oxide.  We would like to  backside etch these wafers using STSetch and stop on the thermal  oxide.

 Is it ok to put PDMS  face down in the stsetch?  Would we need to use the holder?

 How hot does the  chuck get? Are we likely to see resist burning because the PDMS is a thermal  insulator?

 Please let us know  as soon as you can, we might want to try some experiments this  weekend.

 Thanks,
 Alissa