PDMS face down in stsetch?

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Fri Apr 28 15:31:22 PDT 2006

 Hi Mary,

the PDMS is about 500 um, oxide is currently about 1000A on our test wafers,
but we can make this thicker if needed in the future.

We don't care about etch uniformity, sidewall, etc.  We just want to blast
holes in the silicon and stop on the oxide.  The PDMS shouldn't get touched
at all.

Oooh - XeF2 sounds very, very interesting.  Could we use it to blanket etch
off the silicon??  Basically we are trying to get rid of the silicon
entirely.  I'm sure we could get Ed a test wafer or two if he's interested.

But in the meantime, could we try the STS?

-Alissa